A MESSAGE ABOUT CORONAVIRUS
As events surrounding the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continue to unfold, I felt it important to make contact to confirm that Sailfunk Yachtings’ sailing plans for the 2020 season will continue as normal and to reassure you that as always, your health, safety and well-being whilst on board are of the upmost importance to me.
I am taking the risks that this virus presents very seriously and am following both Government guidelines and Salcombe Harbour Authority advice; to confirm that Salcombes’ Harbourmaster is attending twice weekly meetings with South Hams District Council, who in turn is receiving and acting on advice from Central Government.
I have spent the last couple of weeks reviewing our proposed sailing operations and liaising with Salcombe Harbour Authority in order to agree how best we can try and prevent the virus’s spread in Salcombe.
To this end, I’ve introduced the following 10-point plan to minimise the risks presented to both our guests and crew:
- Hand sanitisers will be available on board at all times and guests will be asked to wash their hands as soon as they board their yacht.
- Your yacht will be disinfected and deep cleaned prior to and immediately following each charter undertaken; a particular emphasis will be put on wiping down and disinfecting all contactable surfaces with the decks and cockpit areas being disinfected and washed down using a bio-degradable cleaner.
- All wet rooms (heads) on board will be disinfected and deep cleaned daily.
- All crew members will follow personal sanitation procedures each day prior to starting work and post charter.
- Any crew member showing symptoms of a cough, cold or flu will be asked to self-isolate for 7 days.
- No catering will be undertaken on board. Our guests will be encouraged to bring their own pre-prepared picnics and alcoholic drinks on board.
- Any items of food required allowing us to facilitate our evening champagne or day charters will be sourced from Salcombe Deli, Fore Street, Salcombe. Salcombe Deli will place all items of food in sealed containers whilst within their licensed kitchen and these will be transported to your yacht in sealed refrigerated boxes; all food items will immediately be refrigerated once on board and the sealed containers only opened when food is to be served. All food items will only be handled by crew members wearing plastic ‘medical style’ gloves which will be disposed of immediately after use.
- We will be limiting the number of charters undertaken this season to ONE charter per day and a maximum of FOUR charters per week in order to ensure sufficient time is available between charters to complete a deep clean and fully prepare your yacht.
- We propose to limit our guests use of the public harbour taxi to essential journeys only or as directed by Salcombe Harbour.
- Sailfunk Yachtings’ terms & conditions and cancellation policy will be amended in order to provide our guests with a FULL REFUND in the event that Salcombe town and its harbour is ‘locked down’ or designated a ‘no go’ area as directed by Salcombe Harbour Authority or South Hams District Council.
Be assured that I am monitoring both national and local developments daily and will continue to follow all directions received from Salcombe Harbour Authority; I will keep our operating plan under review and amend or take any further actions as and when required or as necessary in order to ensure that Sailfunk is a safe environment to be enjoyed by our valued guests this season.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me on; firstname.lastname@example.org or: 07917 046462.
Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support over what is proving to be and no doubt will continue to be a very challenging period for us all.
Keep safe; I look forward to seeing you in Salcombe at some point and hopefully welcoming you aboard to enjoy some great sailing.
With very best wishes